Monday, June 13, 2011

Newsday Tuesday !

Since last week i have had some thought on creating some new product for my market stall other than rad clothing... after lots of great reading, brainstorming and searching through the interwebs i have decided to play with felt and make some cute denver brooches here's some sketch pics of what i might like to create:






I also found this tutorial from the Bugs and Fishes blog with great tips on cutting and shape placement, check it out- make- a - felt brooch

While on the lookout of my studio window (mainly daydreaming while supposed to be working) i was wondering if i can make purses too, little coin purses with denver print/ illustration material? What do you think? I'd like to use a nice silver clasp any ideas where i can get these?

I was hoping this weekend i could go to the workshop that crazy kid Teneale from Wicked Child Designs is holding at the Capalaba Library.
She is teaching how to make your very own UFO pin cushion. Wowzers! Although i have made pin cushions before, i thought it would be a great little day to see some happy crafty faces and have a little K time :) .... BUUUUUT i forgot i already registered for the Brisstyle Markets 101 info sesh! haha Damn me and my double-booking myself

Hey! Yesterday afternoon i was having abit of a play and i came up with this scarf, it's totally 'world lovin' because i made it from the scrap fabric leftover from making the jumpers whoop whoop!


Then..... on Sunday i'm off to the Marky Markets in West End, come pay me a visit i'll be there from 11-4!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Krystle!

    The brooch idea sounds cool! And the scarf is great too!

    And I totaally understand you not making it to the workshop so don't panic. I don't want any fellow BrisStylers missing out on the info sessions!

    Have a great time at the markets. I'll have to check out those Marky Markets sometime....

    Teneale x

    ReplyDelete